Late-night ScotRail services are to return next week as part of the enforced “temporary timetable” following talks between the operator and drivers’ union aimed at ending a pay row.
ScotRail drivers refused to work overtime and on rest days in the bitter dispute over a “derisory” wage increase offer to workers represented by the Aslef union.
Hundreds of daily services have been slashed as a result, with trains on most routes subjected to revised departure times hours earlier than normal.
However, there could be light at the end of the tunnel for passengers after Aslef agreed in principle to a 5% increase.
Additional late night services were introduced on weekends to support the night time economy but those are bow to be extended to weekdays from Monday, June 13 in light of the progress made in talks.
Members are now set to vote in a referendum on whether to accept the increase after twice rejecting offers of 2% and 4.2% respectively.
ScotRail service delivery director, David Simpson, said: “While running a temporary timetable is frustrating, it’s encouraging that we have made progress with driver pay talks, and I’m pleased we can extend the use of late-night services for customers.
“We have listened to the feedback from customers and businesses and have acted.
“The temporary timetable is providing customers with greater certainty and reliability as we seek to reach agreement with Aslef.”
Revised Monday – Friday timetable in full:
- 11.30pm Glasgow Central to Ayr
- 11.21pm Glasgow Central to Gourock
- 11.24pm Gourock to Glasgow Central
- 9.47pm Glasgow Central to East Kilbride
- 10.28pm East Kilbride to Glasgow Central
- 11.17pm Glasgow Central to East Kilbride
- 11.05pm Glasgow Central to Neilston
- 10.45pm Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverley
- 10.45pm Edinburgh Waverley to Glasgow Queen Street
- 11.45pm Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverley
- 11.46pm Edinburgh Waverley to Glasgow Queen Street
- 11.14pm Edinburgh Waverley to North Berwick
- 11pm Edinburgh Waverley to Kirkcaldy
- 11.18pm Edinburgh Waverley to Dunfermline Town
- 10.36pm Stirling to Edinburgh Waverley
- 11.30pm Edinburgh Waverley to Stirling
- 11.22pm Glasgow Queen St to Stirling
- 8.58pm Aberdeen to Inverurie
- 9.29pm Inverurie to Aberdeen
- 10.49pm Aberdeen to Inverurie
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country