A man has been airlifted to hospital after a blaze broke out at a property in Angus.
Emergency services were alerted to the fire shortly after 12.30pm on Sunday afternoon on Lower Hall Street in Montrose.
A man was taken by air ambulance to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, where his current condition is unknown.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service attended and extinguished the blaze.
Enquiries into the fire are ongoing, Police Scotland said.
A force spokesperson said: “Around 12.35pm on Sunday, November 19, we were called to a report of a fire at a property in Lower Hall Street, Montrose.
“Emergency services attended and a man was taken by air ambulance to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
“The fire was extinguished by Scottish Fire and Rescue Service.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances.”
SFRS have been contacted for comment.
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country