Schoolboy injured by pyro hurled from stand at Inverness game

The incident occurred during Caley Thistle's 1-0 defeat to Dundee United.

Schoolboy injured by pyro at Inverness Caledonian Thistle game taken to hospital SNS Group

A 13-year-old boy was taken to hospital for injuries after a pyrotechnic was hurled from a football stand in Inverness.

The incident occurred during Caley’s 1-0 defeat to Dundee United in the Scottish Championship on Friday, January 12 at the Caledonian Stadium.

Police confirmed the pyro device was lit and thrown in the North Stand of the stadium at around 8:50pm, injuring the young boy who required hospital treatment.

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “Officers are following a positive line of enquiry and ask anyone who saw what happened to contact police.

“Those with information should contact Police Scotland via 101 and quote incident number 3582 of 12 January 2024.”

Inverness CT said it is assisting police with their investigation.

STV News is now on WhatsApp

Get all the latest news from around the country

Follow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp

Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country

WhatsApp channel QR Code