A pensioner is in a serious condition after a gas explosion in a house.
The blast happened at Ockrigarth in Shetland shortly before 2.15pm on Tuesday.
Around 90% of the house was destroyed while two people were left trapped in the building.
A woman in her 80s has been taken to hospital in a serious condition.
The condition of the other occupant is not yet known.
Propane gas is thought to have caused the blast before a fire broke out.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: “The explosion has led to a fire within the house. Around 90% of the house has gone.
“Two people were trapped. One person was removed prior to our arrival and we are in the process of rescuing the second casualty.”
A Scottish Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We received a call at 2.13pm to an address at Ockragarth, Brae, in Shetland.
“We dispatched an ambulance to the scene and a female patient in her 80s was transported to Gilbert Bain Hospital.”