Global superstar Shawn Mendes has cancelled his 2023 Glasgow gig to “heal” and “come back stronger”.
The 23-year-old singer took to Instagram on Wednesday, announcing the cancellation of the rest of his world tour.
He was due to play at Glasgow’s OVO Hydro on July 28, 2023, as part of his Wonder tour.
The Grammy award-winning singer-songwriter told fans: “I need to take the time I’ve never taken personally, to ground myself and come back stronger.”
Earlier this month, he announced on Twitter that he would be postponing three weeks of upcoming gigs after the “toll of the road and the pressure” caused him to “hit breaking point”.
The Canadian singer has previously been frank with fans about struggling with his mental health and fame.
In an open letter in April, he said he felt “overwhelmed and overstimulated” but had been afraid to admit it in case people thought less of him.
Announcing the cancellation of the remainder of his tour, Mendes said: “I started this tour excited to finally get back to playing live after a long break due to the pandemic, but the reality is I was not at all ready for how difficult touring would be after this time away.
“After speaking more with my team and working with an incredible group of health professionals, it has become more clear that I need to take the time I’ve never taken personally, to ground myself and come back stronger.
“I unfortunately have to cancel the rest of the tour dates in North America, and the UK/Europe.
“We were hopeful that I might be able to pick up with the rest of the dates after some much needed time off, but at this time I have to put my health as my first priority.
“This doesn’t mean I won’t be making new music, and I can’t wait to see you on tour in the future.
“I know you all have been waiting so long to see these shows, and it breaks my heart to tell you this, but I promise I will be back as soon as I’ve taken the right time to heal.
“I love you all and thank-you all so much for supporting me and sticking by me on this journey.”