Russell Brand has been questioned for a second time by detectives investigating allegations of sexual offences.
The comedian, 48, was interviewed under caution last week over six allegations, following questioning in November over three other claims.
The Metropolitan Police did not identify Brand, but said in a statement: “A man in his 40s attended a police station in South London for a second time on Thursday December 14.
“He was interviewed under caution by detectives in relation to a further six, non-recent, sexual offences.”
In September, the 48-year-old comedian was accused of rape, assault and emotional abuse between 2006 and 2013, following a joint investigation by The Sunday Times, The Times and Channel 4 Dispatches.
Brand has strongly denied the claims.
The allegations are said to have taken place during the height of Brand’s fame when he was working for the BBC, Channel 4 and starring in Hollywood films.
He denies the claims, which include allegations of controlling, abusive and predatory behaviour.
Last month, Channel 4 boss Alex Mahon said its internal investigation into the allegations raised against its former presenter was weeks away from being completed.
The claims span between 2006 and 2013, when he was working for Channel 4 on Big Brother spin-off shows Efourum and Big Brother’s Big Mouth as well as on BBC programmes and starring in Hollywood films.
The BBC has also launched a review into the behaviour of Brand, who worked on BBC Radio 2 and BBC Radio 6 Music programmes from 2006 to 2008.
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country