A man has died after an unattended grill pan caused a fire in a flat in Buckhaven.
Two fire engines rushed to Randolph Street after the blaze was reported at around 7.49am on Friday, April 2.
Firefighters found the man’s body inside the property. An investigation is underway to determine the full circumstances of his death.
A SFRS spokesperson said: “We were called to a flat fire in Randolph Street, Buckhaven at 7.49am on April 2. The fire was caused by an unattended grill pan.
“It resulted in one male fatality. Two appliances attended. Fire crews left the scene at 9.40am.”
A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “Around 7.40am on Friday, April 2, we were made aware of a fire at a property in Randolph Street, Buckhaven.
“Emergency services attended and the body of a man was found inside. Enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances.”