A high school and a nursery in Fife have been closed after a blaze led to a burst pipe.
Emergency services rushed to the scene of the fire at Inverkeithing High School on around 9.20pm on Thursday evening.
The fire led to a burst pipe and as a result, Inverkeithing High School was closed to staff and pupils on Friday.
Nearby Treetops Nursery has also faced issues to electrical supply as a result of the blaze.
Police confirmed that there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the blaze.
Fife Council said the school and nursery will remain closed for the rest of Friday, and it is hoped the school will reopen to pupils on Monday.
Head of education and children’s services Shelagh McLean said she was “thankful no one was hurt” in the blaze and confirmed no one was in the building at the time.
“The fire service and the school’s janitorial team were on the scene very quickly after the alarm was raised.” she said.
“The fire has affected the kitchen and dining area of the school on the ground floor of A Block. Our understanding is the fire was caused by an electrical appliance.
“A water pipe has burst because of the heat, and we took the decision last night to close the school to staff and pupils today while we carry out a full assessment of the damage.
“Our intention is to open the school to all pupils on Monday and we will be in touch with parents to give them more details on how the school will operate without access to A Block.
“The fire also affected electrical supply to Treetops Nursery which is closed today until power can be restored.”
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “We were alerted at 9.21pm on Thursday, September 28 to reports of a fire affecting a school building on Hillend Road, Inverkeithing.
“Operations Control mobilised two appliances and a further four were requested to attend the scene, where crews worked to make the area safe.
“There were no reported casualties.”
A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “Around 9.40pm on Thursday, September 28, police were called to a report of a fire at a school in Hillend Road, Inverkeithing.
“Emergency services attended and the fire was extinguished.
“There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident.”
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country