Emergency services have closed a street in Fife after receiving reports of a “strong smell of ammonia”.
Fire crews in protective hazmat suits removed a fridge from a property on Sommerville Street in Burntisland, after being alerted to the smell at 8.30am on Thursday.
Three fire appliances and specialist resources were deployed to the scene, while police are also in attendance to manage traffic.
There are no reported injuries.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “We were alerted at 8.30am on Thursday, February 3 to reports of a strong smell of ammonia from a building on Somerville Street, Burntisland.
“Operations Control mobilised three fire appliances and specialist resources to the area.
“Firefighters removed a domestic fridge to safe area and crews are still at the scene.”