At least two people have been killed in a Russia launched a drone and missile attack on Kyiv, Ukraine on Saturday.
Mayor Vitali Klitschko said 29 people were wounded in the attack, with falling debris from intercepted Russian drones hitting residential buildings.
He also said the western part of Kyiv had lost power.
The attacks came just before a second round of peace negotiations was set to begin, with a US delegation set to travel to Moscow for talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin next week.
Ukrainian negotiators are also due to meet US counterparts in America this weekend, according to a Ukrainian official.
It follows the release of a plan for ending the war from US President Donald Trump last week, with the 28-point proposal accused of heavily favouring Russia.
Zelenskyy announced on Friday the resignation of his powerful chief of staff, Andrii Yermak, after anti-corruption investigators searched his residence.
Yermak was also the country’s lead negotiator in talks with the US.
The Ukrainian delegation for the next round of negotiations with the United States will now be jointly lead by Andrii Hnatov, the head of Ukraine’s armed forces, Andrii Sybiha, Ukraine’s foreign minister, and Rustem Umerov, head of Ukraine’s security council, Zelenskyy said.
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country
























