A Premier League footballer arrested in London over a rape allegation has been questioned over two further claims by a different woman.
The unnamed player, who is said to be an international, has been released on bail until August following his initial arrest in the Barnet area of North London.
A police spokesperson confirmed, while in custody, the man had been arrested again over two other offences, this time involving a different victim, also said to be in her 20s.
The man has not been named for legal reasons, but is said to be 29-years-old.
His initial arrest stems from an incident that allegedly took place in June 2022, however his second arrest involves allegations of attacks in April and June 2021.
The player’s club is understood to be aware of the allegations.
A statement from the Met Police read: “On July 4, an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police.
“It was reported the alleged rape happened in June 2022. A 29-year-old man was arrested at an address in Barnet on suspicion of rape and taken into custody.
“While in custody, he was further arrested on suspicion of two incidents of rape that were alleged to have been committed in April and June of 2021 against a different woman in her 20s.
“He has subsequently been released on bail to a date in August.”
It added: “Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.”