The King has said he has been “deeply touched” by the many messages of condolence and support given to the Royal Family following the passing of the Queen.
In a statement issued ahead of the Queen’s funeral being held, Charles offered his thanks to those he said had provided support and comfort to him and his family during their time of grief.
The State Funeral for the late monarch is due to take place in London on Monday, September 19.
A minute’s silence was held on Sunday evening at 8pm across the UK in memory of the Queen.
The silence was observed by members of the public throughout the country.
Charles has travelled to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland over the last week during the nation’s period of mourning.
He will lead his family in marching behind the Queen’s coffin on Monday when it is moved from Westminster Hall to Westminster Abbey for the funeral service.
“Over the last ten days, my wife and I have so deeply touched by the many messages of condolence and support we have received from this country and across the world,” said Charles.
“In London, Edinburgh, Hillsborough and Cardiff we were moved beyond measure by everyone who took the trouble to come and pay their respects to the lifelong service of my dear mother, the late Queen.
“As we all prepare to say our last farewell, I wanted simply to take this opportunity to say thank you to all those countless people who have been such a support and comfort to my family and myself in this time of grief.”