Dozens of school pupils have been struck down by a vomiting bug during a ski trip in Italy.
Up to 40 teenagers of almost 60 from Largs Academy have had their holiday ruined after catching “a bacterial bug” at their hotel in Folgarida.
One angry parent told STV News: “My child had to clean their own vomit from the shower.
“A group arrived and entered the hotel a couple of days ago wearing white suits and masks.
“Not what a parent wishes to hear.”
The school made a decision to take pupils by two separate buses – one for those who are sick and another for those who are not – to Milan on Friday, where they are due to fly home from on Saturday.
However, pupils will be assessed on a case by case basis as they look to get home to their parents.
North Ayrshire Council said the bug meant the pupils have had “a miserable time” on the trip.
A spokesman said: “During their ski trip to Folgarida in Italy, a number of pupils from Largs Academy took ill with a bacterial bug which caused vomiting.
“We are clearly frustrated for the pupils who have had to endure a miserable time when they should have been skiing on the slopes.
“We took the decision to take all the pupils to a hotel in Milan on Friday to be nearer the airport for travelling home on Saturday. A decision about travelling home will be made on a case by case basis.”