Two people have been taken to hospital and residents have been temporary rehomed following a blaze which engulfed a Glasgow takeaway.
Emergency services were called to the Saracen Street area of the city at around 4.28pm on Thursday after receiving reports of a fire in a “commercial premisis”.
Two appliances and an aerial appliance extinguished a blaze on the ground floor of the building and left the area at 10.28pm.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that two people were transferred into the care of the Scottish Ambulance Service as a “precaution”.
Their current condition is unknown.
STV News understands that eight people have been temporary rehomed following the fire.
An SFRS spokesperson said: “We were alerted at 4.28pm on Thursday, March 16, to reports of a fire within a commercial premises on Saracen Street, Glasgow.
“Operations control mobilised two fire appliances and one aerial appliance to the scene, where firefighters extinguished a fire affecting the ground floor of the building.
“Two casualties were handed into the care of the Scottish Ambulance Service as a precautionary measure.
“Crews left at 10.28pm after ensuring the area was made safe.”
An ng homes spokesperson said: “There has been an incident at a premises on Saracen Street, Possilpark. All affected tenants are safe and well.
“Ng homes is providing support to those impacted.”
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country