Trump Turnberry will no longer be allowed to host the Open Championships, following riots in the US incited by the outgoing president.
In a statement, golf governing body R&A said it was pulling the plug after riots in the Capitol last week, which were incited by Donald Trump.
Last week, supporters of outgoing President Donald Trump stormed the US Capitol building, as police scrambled to evacuate politicians inside.
The protests, encouraged by Trump, turned violent on Wednesday – with police forced to lock down the building after supporters broke in.
The debate in the House chamber – to confirm Joe Biden’s election win – has been suspended after rioters made their way into the room.
The Ayrshire golf resort was bought by Donald Trump in 2014, two years before he was elected.
The Turnberry resort hosted Open Championships as recently as 2009.
But in 2015 the R&A vetoed the possibility of another competition being held there following racist remarks made by Trump.
It renewed that commitment following scenes of violence in Washington D.C incited by Trump last week.
R&A CEO Martin Slumbers said: “We had no plans to stage any of our championships at Turnberry and will not do so in the foreseeable future.
“We will not return until we are convinced that the focus will be on the championship, the players and the course itself and we do not believe that is achievable in the current circumstances.”