Tributes paid to 'diamond' NHS worker found 'murdered' in tower block

Kyle Zybilowicz was found dead in a flat in Glasgow's Dumbreck area.

Tributes paid to ‘diamond’ NHS worker found ‘murdered’ in Glasgow tower block Police Scotland

Tributes have been paid to a NHS worker who was allegedly murdered at a tower block flat in Glasgow.

The body of 29-year-old Kyle Zybilowicz was discovered in a property in the city’s Dumbreck Court on Monday afternoon after police were called.

Messages of condolence were posted on social media after the healthcare support worker was named by authorities.

One colleague wrote: “Honestly heartbreaking to read. Such a lovely guy to work with, the best sense of humour. Brightened every shift for me.

“Rest easy Kyle, thoughts to your family.”

Another added: “So sad. He always made your shift a little easier.

“Won’t be the same without you in the ward.”

A NHS medic said Mr Zybilowicz’s death was “absolutely devastating”.

“Your loving, funny personality brightened up everyone’s day, especially mine,” she wrote.

“You will be missed so much.”

George Allison wrote: “I was lucky enough to work with this diamond of a man, he always had a smile, a joke and a good bit of advice for anyone no matter what he was going through himself.

“He made the place brighter when he turned up for a shift.”

A 33-year-old man, Darren McDade, appeared in court on Thursday accused of murdering Mr Zybilowicz.

Court papers allege he repeatedly struck the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde healthcare support worker on the head and body with a knife and a pair of scissors or another implement.

McDade, of the city’s Kelvindale, faces a separate allegation of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

The charge claims he removed a weapon from the flat on Dumbreck Court and disposed of it.

It is further claimed that he burned items of clothing.

McDade made no plea through his lawyer Kevin Corr at a private hearing at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Thursday, July 27.

He was remanded in custody and committed for further examination by Sheriff Tom Hughes.

McDade will appear at court again within the next eight days.

STV News is now on WhatsApp

Get all the latest news from around the country

Follow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp

Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country

WhatsApp channel QR Code
Posted in