A teenager has been charged after a shopping trolley was thrown from a bridge onto the M8.
A 22-year-old male driver was left “shaken” by the incident, which happened at J10 near to Glasgow Fort on Tuesday, January 5.
The man was on his way home from work shortly after 5pm when the trolley was thrown onto the motorway.
He told STV News he slammed on his brakes, hit his hazard lights and moved from the middle to the outside lane as the trolley smashed against the front of his car.
The driver added: “Thankfully no one was hurt, but it’s left me a bit shaken.
“I’m gutted with what’s happened to my car, and it’s always going to be at the back of my mind when I’m driving on a motorway now.”
On Thursday, police confirmed a 15-year-old boy had been charged with culpable and reckless conduct in connection with the incident.
A force spokesperson said: “A report will be submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.
“Enquiries are ongoing to identify other youths involved.”