Police have stepped up patrols in a Glasgow park after a dog was injured by eating rat poison deliberately left there.
Glasgow City Council issued a warning on social media on Friday evening after a dog ate the poison at Pollok Country Park on Thursday.
The council said the poison had been left out “maliciously” and urged dog walkers in the area to keep their pets under close control.
The condition of the animal is unknown.
Officers in the area confirmed they are carrying out additional patrols and urged the public to speak to them regarding any concerns.
A statement read: “We’ve been made aware of local concerns about suspected poison being left within Pollok Country Park on Thursday, November 23.
“Officers will be carrying out additional patrols of the area and anyone with concerns can speak to them, call us on 101 or, in an emergency, 999.”
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country