Murder accused denies Emma Faulds ‘died’ in his home

Jurors hear Ross Willox deny that Emma Faulds was 'lying dead' in his home as he chatted to his mother.

Murder accused denies Emma Faulds ‘died’ in his home Police Scotland

The man accused of murdering Emma Faulds denied she was “lying dead” in his home as he chatted to his mother.

Ross Willox was quizzed by detectives probing the death of the 39-year-old.

The 41-year-old claimed he only knew there was any concern about Ms Faulds when her sister Sarah called him.

Willox went on to refute the suggestion she “died” in his house.

He is accused of murdering Emma at his home in Fairfield Park, Monkton, Ayrshire, on April 28, 2019, by means unknown and then dumping her body.

On Monday, jurors at the High Court in Glasgow heard his police interview, which took place on May 9, 2019.

The trial heard claims Ms Faulds had gone to Willox’s home on the night of the alleged killing.

They were then said to have later gone to Ms Faulds’ home – she had wanted to “continue partying” but Willox eventually left the next morning.

Willox told police he then went to bed and time became “non-existent”.

The court has been told Ms Faulds was reported missing on April 30 by her parents.

During his interview, Detective Inspector Stephen Tennant asked Willox when he first learned of any concern about Ms Faulds.

He replied: “Her sister Sarah contacted me and asked ‘had I seen or was Emma still with me’. I said ‘no’.

“She told me her phone was not on. I tried, but it went straight to answer machine. Sarah said she was worried and that she had not heard from her.”

Willox added he “did not know anything” to tell Ms Faulds’ sister about where she may be.

The court heard how news soon spread of Ms Faulds’ disappearance and the hunt to find her.

DI Tennant probed Willox on what he did to help.

He put to him: “So, your friend went missing. You have known her for 18 years, see her regular(ly). When she goes missing, you do not get involved to help find her?”

Willox replied: “I was not informed that there was a search.” He then added he had not watched any news reporting about the disappearance.

He said at one stage: “My mind boggled and has been for as long as its been going on.”

Willox told police his mum had visited after he claimed he returned from Ms Faulds’.

DI Tennant said: “Was Emma dead in your home when your mum attended? Did you put your mum in that position?”

Willox replied: “No…no.”

The detective then asked: “Was Emma lying dead or injured in your house when your mum was there?”

Willox again denied the accusation.

He was further quizzed on the purchase of four bottles of Domestos bleach and rubber gloves from a Poundstretcher store after the alleged killing.

He replied: “That is to clean my decking.”

Willox denies the charges against him.

The trial, before judge Lord Mulholland, continues.

STV News is now on WhatsApp

Get all the latest news from around the country

Follow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp

Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country

WhatsApp channel QR Code