A bid to halt a planned Flamingo Land development at Loch Lomond has been backed by over 20,000 people.
The campaign was launched on Friday and recorded around 10,000 objections in its first 24 hours.
It has now gained more than 22,000 responses as residents aim to stop the project.
Under current proposals, the development would see the creation of a 60-bed hotel, 127 self-catering lodges, a water park, a monorail, restaurants and a retail area.
However, concerns have been raised over the scale and impact of the project on the land.
Lomond Banks, who are behind the project, has said it is “keen to engage with all parties” on the proposals.
Almost three years ago, Flamingo Land formally withdrew its planning application for a £30m tourist resort on the shores of Loch Lomond.
Nearly 60,000 objections were lodged as part of the efforts to stop the development then.
After the new proposals were unveiled in June last year, the Scottish Greens had vowed to oppose the development once again.
Scottish Green MSP Ross Greer has campaigned against the project.
“I am grateful to everyone who has backed the community campaign to save Loch Lomond from Flamingo Land’s second attempt at a destructive ‘resort’ development,” he said.
“The volume of responses over the weekend shows just how strongly people feel about protecting our national parks and in particular the world-famous natural landscape of Loch Lomond at one of its most accessible locations.
“Local residents have repeatedly proposed a range of potential alternative uses for the site which could boost the social and economic wellbeing of the area, maintain easy public access and protect the ancient woodland at Drumkinnon, but site owner Scottish Enterprise has so far been unwilling to deal with anyone other than the Yorkshire theme park operator.
“There is still time to add your voice and I’d encourage everyone who loves Loch Lomond to make sure you have your say.”
Jim Paterson, development director for Lomond Banks, said they “remain confident” that the proposal is a “strong starting point” for discussions with the planning authority.
“Our extensive public consultations prior to submission demonstrated that the community took a very balanced and considered view on the development and the many benefits it would bring,” said Paterson.
“We listened carefully to a range of opinions – as you should in any democratic process – and reflected these in our submission.
“These were genuine and productive engagements with local people, businesses and other stakeholders, not online clickbait designed to simply drive up numbers from unknown sources.
“The area is zoned for tourism development and has been in the vision of the Balloch Charrette for many years.
“We recognise there are many points to consider and discuss, but we remain confident that what we have proposed is a strong starting point for us to move forward discussions with the planning authority.
“We are keen to engage with all parties, including the National Park, to create something that is fitting for the area and is sympathetic to its important location at the gateway of Loch Lomond.”