'Mischievous' pup rescued by fire crew after getting head stuck in wall 

Four-month-old Teal was rescued after getting stuck in a vent hole at her home in Longtown on Tuesday afternoon.

Labrador puppy gets head stuck in wall sparking fire crew rescue Carlisle East Fire Station

A fire crew was forced to rescue a ‘mischievous’ labrador puppy after she got her head stuck inside a wall.

Four-month-old Teale had been exploring her house in Longtown, just south of the Scottish border, when she found herself trapped in a vent hole meant for a tumble dryer on Tuesday afternoon.

Crews from the Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service were called to the property after the dog’s worried owners were unable to free her from the wall.

The crew was able to rescue the puppy with “minimal fuss” resulting in no injuries and were greeted with “lots of cuddles and licks”.

The pup was uninjured following the ordeal.

A statement from the fire service read: “At 4.15pm, Carlisle East were mobilised to a property in Longtown, to reports of a young dog with its head stuck in a wall.

“In attendance, the crew were greeted by a mischievous four-month-old labrador puppy called Teale, who had found herself in a predicament by getting her head stuck in an extractor vent for a tumble dryer, and was feeling very sorry for herself.

“Fortunately crews managed to remove Teale with minimal fuss using small tools, and she was no worse for wear for her ordeal.

“She was very appreciative, and rewarded the crew with lots of cuddles and licks.”

STV News is now on WhatsApp

Get all the latest news from around the country

Follow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp

Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country

WhatsApp channel QR Code