A teenage girl claimed the mum of a boy who was killed told her, “Please don’t tell me my baby is gone”, after her son was stabbed at a beach.
The 17-year-old gave evidence at the murder trial of Jay Stewart, 18, and a 15-year-old boy, who are accused of assaulting Kayden Moy at Irvine Beach on May 17, 2025.
The charge says Stewart and his 15-year-old co-accused, while acting with Cole Turley, 18, pursued Mr Moy and caused him to fall to the ground before they repeatedly stabbed him to the body.
It is alleged that Stewart and the other teenager had previous ill will and malice towards him.
Turley had pleaded guilty before trial to the murder charge. The two teens on trial have lodged a special defence of incrimination against him.
Jurors had previously heard that Turley, Stewart and the 15-year-old were part of The Murray Boys gang of East Kilbride, Lanarkshire. Mr Moy and his friends were stated to be members of the rival Himshie gang.
The 17-year-old witness had her recorded police interview played to jurors on Friday.
She stated that she had been with friends, which included Mr Moy, at the beach that day.
The girl claimed that rocks were thrown at their group by Turley, Stewart and the 15-year-old boy, which led to a confrontation with Mr Moy.
The girl said that she had told the boys to stop fighting and arguing before the attack took place.
The girl claimed that she witnessed Turley stab Mr Moy after he slipped on the ground.
She added: “He was a bit scared – he was trying to run away like ‘oh my god, I done that, I shouldn’t have done that’.”
Stewart was claimed to have told the girl, “He f***ing deserved it” after the attack.
The girl stated that she offered assistance to Mr Moy, who had his head on her knees.
Mr Moy is said to have told her, “I can’t breathe.”
The girl claimed Mr Moy’s eyes “rolled back” and thought he lost consciousness.
She stated that she then got a phone call from Mr Moy’s mother.
The girl claimed she was told: “Please don’t tell me my baby is gone.
“I said ‘I don’t want to tell you’.
“People were shouting and screaming.”
The girl stated that CPR was given to Mr Moy for an hour, and then she left the beach.
When the friends returned to East Kilbride, the girl claimed that there were “false rumours” that Mr Moy had died, so they initially turned off their phones.
The girl claimed that later she received a phone call from Mr Moy’s mother.
She stated: “She said Kayden didn’t make it through surgery as he was too unwell and lost too much blood.”
Donald Findlay KC, defending Stewart, asked if the other two boys directly assaulted Mr Moy, and she replied: “No.”
A 19-year-old woman told jurors that she had also witnessed the stabbing of Mr Moy and gave assistance to him on the beach.
The college student, who was visibly upset in court, said: “He was lying on the floor and people were trying to help him. Someone phoned Kayden’s mum, I think.
“A person came over and told me and another girl to hold something on his wound – a towel or a top. We held this down.
“A person who said she was a nurse gave him CPR, and we just waited for the police and ambulance to come.”
The trial continues before Judge Lord Scott.
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country

Police Scotland





















