The hunt for a shooter that left a man with severe gunshot wounds in a Glasgow housing estate continues.
The “targeted shooting” led the area around Barony Drive, in the Baillieston area of the city, to be locked down by police on Saturday shortly after 12.10am.
The 31-year-old victim was taken to Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, before being transferred to Glasgow Royal Infirmary.
No update on his condition has been given.
The housing estate was only reopened on Saturday night, after investigators examined the area amid a very large police presence.
Police Scotland said there would be increased patrols despite the belief that the man was the intended victim of the attack.
Officers appealed for information as they continued enquiries into the incident.
Detective Inspector Andy Wright previously said: “Following enquiries we are now able to confirm that this man was shot in the Barony Drive area shortly before he was found.
“This was a targeted attack and the 31-year-old man would appear to be the intended victim, however we realise that such incidents do cause alarm.
“The roads in the area will be opened today, however we will have increased patrols thereafter and I would like to reassure the local community that everything is being done to trace whoever is responsible.
“We would ask anyone with any information to get in touch with us, if you were in the area at the time and have not already spoken to police, we would urge you to come forward. You may have information that can help us.”
Anyone with any information can contact police via 101, quoting incident number 0014 of Saturday, January 15, 2022. Alternatively you can contact CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111 where information can be given anonymously.
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country