A man caused a blaze to break out in a block of flats after his cannabis cultivation caught fire.
Gavin Nimmo sparked the inferno in Glasgow’s Baillieston on December 12, 2019.
The 37-year-old had been growing ten plants for personal use aided by a faulty meter.
The road had to be shut and there were others housed in nearby flats at the time.
On Wednesday, Nimmo pled guilty at Glasgow Sheriff Court to culpable and reckless conduct as well as producing a controlled drug.
The court heard the fire service were called to the top property of a four in a block at 5.30pm.
Prosecutor Carrie Stevens said: “The road was closed due to the well developed fire.
“Officers were told it was started in the rear bedroom due to a cannabis cultivation and that the electricity had been bypassed.”
Police raided the property and there was no one inside but ten plants were found.
Paperwork with Nimmo’s name was seized but he was not initially traced.
He later handed himself into police after a warrant was granted.
It was agreed that the plants were for personal use.
An electrician told the officers in the meantime that the electricity had been bypassed.
There was fire damage to the bedroom as well as smoke damage in other rooms.
Sheriff Paul Reid said: “From the fire report, it’s fair to say there were other flats with occupants at the time.”
Sean Flannigan, defending, told the court that he lived in the flat for five years.
The lawyer added: “He fully appreciates the danger he was putting himself and others in.”
Sentence was deferred pending background reports until next month.
Nimmo was remanded in custody in the meantime.