A number of roads in Glasgow will be closed this week and next as film crews descend on the city for a new BBC thriller.
Pedestrian movements will be restricted in certain streets but only while filming for Vigil is ongoing. However, vehicles will not be allowed.
The six-part series – starring Suranne Jones, Martin Compston and Rose Leslie – resumes filming after production was halted in March due to the coronavirus lockdown restrictions.
The series revolves around the mysterious disappearance of a Scottish fishing trawler and a death on board a Trident nuclear submarine.
The first host of road closures are set to kick in from Thursday evening until Friday morning.
The closures were announced by Glasgow City Council’s traffic control and management team. Diversions will be signed on street.
From 7pm on August 27 until 6.30am on August 28:
- Blythswood Square, between Douglas Street and West Blythswood Street
- Blythswood Square, between West Regent Street and West George Street
- Blythswood Street, between West George Street and Cadogan Street
- West George Lane, between Douglas Street and West Campbell Street
- St Vincent Street, between West Campbell Street and Douglas Street
- St Vincent Lane, between West Campbell Street and Douglas Street
- Bothwell Street, between Douglas Street and West Campbell Street
- Bothwell Lane, between Blythswood Street and West Campbell Street
- St Peters Lane, between Douglas Street and Blythswood Street
- Waterloo Street, between West Campbell Street and Douglas Street
- Wellington Lane, between Blythswood Street and West Campbell Street
From 12pm until 11pm on September 3, 4 and 5:
- Hamilton Park Avenue between Hamilton Drive and Lacrosse Terrace
- Lacrosse Terrace for its full length
From 4pm until 10pm on September 5:
- Whitehall Street for its full length
- Elliot Street between Hydepark Street to Whitehall Street
From 5pm until 11.59pm on September 5:
- Finnieston Street (Clyde Arc to also include Fastlink) between Govan Road and Finnieston Quay
- Govan Road (Fastlink section) between Govan Road and Finnieston Street (Clyde Arc)