Dog walkers have been warned to take care after a sausage stuffed with suspected “poisonous” blue pellets was found on a footpath.
The item, described by a resident as “barbaric”, was discovered on Strathkelvin Avenue in Auchinairn, between Bishopbriggs and Glasgow.
Pilar Ortega Delgado said she was “shocked” and “angry” when she found the sausage on Wednesday night.
She said she found the sausage filled with blue pellets and “held together with some sticks to perforate some unlucky dog’s stomach”.
Pilar picked it up and disposed of it in a bag in her bin.
A Police Scotland said: “We can confirm that a report was received regarding concern that poison had been place in the Southview Terrace area of Glasgow.
“Enquiries were carried out but no criminality was established. Anyone with concerns should report this by calling 101.”
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country