Dog owners are being warned to be vigilant following two suspected pet poisonings within days of each other.
One dog died after ingesting a suspected toxic substance, whilst another had to be taken to a vet for medical treatment.
The Scottish SPCA is now investigating the two incidents, which happened within three miles of each other last month.
Dog biscuits were found alongside pellets, however the animal welfare charity is unable to determine whether they were harmful or laced with a substance.
The fatal incident happened within Glasgow’s Cathkin Braes Country Park on Monday, September 21.
The second happened in the Fernbrae Meadows area of Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire, on Tuesday, September 29.
Sian Robertson, Scottish SPCA inspector, said: “Thankfully, Alfie made it to the vets in time where he was forced to induce vomiting as a precautionary measure.
“Sadly, this was not the case for Toffee.
“Using poison, or any dangerous item, with the intent of deliberately harming animals is a crime and is enforceable by law.
“We would urge all pet owners to be vigilant in these areas.”
If you have any information, call the Scottish SPCA’s confidential animal helpline on 03000 999 999.
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country