Two suspects are to stand trial charged with attempted murder after three men were allegedly shot at in Glasgow.
John McCann, 34, and Anton Brannigan, 29, are said to have carried out the crime in Glasgow’s Tollcross on January 12 this year.
It is claimed they discharged a loaded shotgun at the men to the danger of their lives and did attempt to murder them.
Among the other accusations McCann faces is that he breached a court bail order on that date.
Prosecutors further claim that he asked his partner to tell G4S security -responsible for monitoring the curfew – that he had been at his father’s funeral and that an “un-named person” had cut off his electronic tag.
It is said this was done to avoid “detection, arrest and prosecution” for the alleged murder bids.
Brannigan also faces other charges including an accusation that he attempted to pervert the course of justice by seeking “refuge” at a house in Northallerton in Yorkshire after the shooting.
The case called at the High Court in Glasgow on Tuesday.
The pair’s QCs Thomas Ross and Donald Findlay each pled not guilty on their behalf.
The defence advocates along with prosecutor Graeme Jessop said they were ready for a trial to be set.
Lady Scott fixed a trial due to begin in May next year.
The case could last up to a week.
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country