A third Celtic fan has been stabbed in Rome following the side’s clash with Lazio.
The 20-year-old was attacked in a McDonald’s in the Prati neighborhood in Via Leone IV around 2.30am on Friday morning.
It’s believed he was stabbed by a Lazio-supporting man who then fled in car parked outside the restuarant.
The man was taken to hospital with injuries to his lower back but has since been released.
Two Celtic fans were stabbed in the city earlier this week as supporters descended on the city for the team’s Europa League 2-1 win over Lazio on Thursday evening.
It’s thought fans were attacked by a faction of the Lazio support outside Flan O’Brien’s Irish bar in the city centre.
A supporters’ bus was also “ambushed” after breaking down following the game.
Italian police said the injured pair were taken to hospital for treatment, with one released on Thursday morning.
A 35-year-old remains in hospital with lower abdomen wound.
A Celtic spokeswoman said on Friday: “We can confirm that another supporter was injured after being stabbed early this morning in Rome.
“We are currently attempting to make contact with the supporter but understand that he has been discharged from hospital and is expected to make a full recovery within around 10 days.
“We can also confirm that a group of Celtic supporters were also attacked after last night’s match after a bus had broken down.
“Again, the club and British Consulate will aim to give as much support as possible to all supporters requiring assistance.”
Celtic issued guidance for the 9000 travelling supporters earlier this week amid safety concerns.
Supporters are advised to avoid wearing club colours while walking around Rome, particularly in the evening, stay in large groups where possible and keep a low profile.
The Glasgow club and Lazio were charged by Uefa over “illicit chants” heard during their Europa League match on October 24.
Celtic were also charged over the display of an “illicit banner” during the game, which they won 2-1.