A footballer has had an assault trial delayed because he will be on holiday in Dubai.
Kilmarnock midfielder Dominic Thomas was allegedly involved in an attack at his home in Cambuslang, near Glasgow, last August.
It is claimed the 23 year-old – who spent the season on loan at Dumbarton in League One – and David Thomas, 50, punched and headbutted Christopher Lewis.
The pair appeared for a hearing at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Tuesday ahead of a trial previously scheduled for June 12.
But his lawyer Kate Philips said: “He will be on holiday instead as he will be travelling from Dubai that day and will be back in Glasgow that night.
“The holiday was booked before the trial was set.”
Sheriff Peter Grant-Hutchison agreed to move the case back and the trial will now take place later in June.
He said: “With great hesitation I will grant that and a new trial date will be set. You will come on that day.”
Thomas was formerly with Motherwell before joining Kilmarnock in 2017.
He was nominated for this season’s PFA Scotland League One Player of the Year award.