Prosecutors have been asked to reopen criminal proceedings against disgraced footballer David Goodwillie.
The 34-year-old, who was ruled to have raped a woman in a civil court in 2017, had charges against him in a criminal proceeding dropped due to “insufficient evidence”.
A lawyer representing victim Denise Clair has now asked prosecutors to re-examine the case.
Lawyer Thomas Ross KC has also said is working with solicitor Melissa Rutherford to bring forward a rare private prosecution against the former Scotland player and now-retired player David Robertson for the rape of Ms Clair.
A spokesperson for the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS) said: “We understand that the decision not to prosecute continues to cause great upset to Ms Clair.
“The Solicitor General, on behalf of the Law Officers, will consider the points raised by Ms Clair’s legal representatives.”
On Monday, Glasgow United have said they are “supporting” Goodwillie despite being warned they could lose access to their current home ground if they sign the player.
He has been unable to find a club since his move to Raith Rovers caused widespread controversy.
He was subsequently released and several potential moves since, including in England and Australia, have fallen through after the clubs involved faced criticism.
After appearing as a trialist in a friendly for amateur side Glasgow United earlier this month, Glasgow City Council leader Susan Aitken issued a statement warning that they could no longer be permitted to play at Greenfield if they make the signing permanent.
STV News understands that the club is part of Shettleston Community Sports Trust – who run the centre on a rolling licence from Glasgow Life and have been negotiating with the city to transfer the facility on a long-term basis under the “People Make Glasgow Communities initiative”.
In 2017, Goodwillie and former Dundee United teammate Robertson were ordered to pay £100,000 in damages after a judge ruled in a civil case that they raped Ms Clair at a flat in Armadale, West Lothian, in 2011.
Neither men faced a criminal trial over the rape accusation after prosecutors said there was not enough evidence.