Rangers drop two points in 1-1 draw against ten-man Livingston at Ibrox

Livingston travelled to Glasgow to take on Rangers on Saturday.

Rangers drop two Premiership points in 1-1 draw against ten-man Livingston at Ibrox

Rangers have dropped two Premiership points with a 1-1 draw against a Livingston side that played the last 20 minutes with ten men.

The Ibrox club are now four points behind league leaders Celtic following the draw in Glasgow on Saturday afternoon.

With full time approaching it looked like an early Nouble goal was enough to take all three points back to West Lothian on a disappointing afternoon for Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s men.

But an equaliser from John Lundstram levelled the game and snatched a draw from the jaws of defeat in the last minute of normal time.

Rangers’ run of poor form continued with a lacklustre display that saw them register not a single shot on target in the first half.

Joel Nouble put David Martindale’s side 1-0 up after only four minutes of the game as Rangers found themselves behind.

The hosts struggled to create many real chances of note in a first half display void of any real attacking intent in the southside of Glasgow.

Despite Rangers having over 70% possession Livingston goalkeeper Shamal George never had a save to make in the opening 45 minutes and they went into the break a goal down.

Van Bronckhorst’s men started the second half on the front foot as they chased the equaliser and Rabbi Matondo was brought on for Steven Davis and James Sands for Leon King.

They kept pressing but the tight Livingston defence restricted them to few sights at goal as frustrations grew among the forward line and the Ibrox crowd.

Antonio Colak came close just after the hour mark with an ambitious overhead kick, but the Croatian’s acrobatic attempt was just wide of the post.

The Rangers top scorer was soon joined up top when Alfredo Morelos was brought on a few minutes later as Van Bronckhorst answered the fans’ calls to go two up top.

Livingston were then reduced to ten men for the last 15 minutes after the referee went to the VAR monitor before upgrading his initial yellow card for Morgan Boyes to a red.

Kemar Roofe and Fashion Sakala were then also thrown on as Rangers went all out attack.

John Lundstram levelled the game on the 90th minute with what was only Rangers’ second shot on target.

The referee signalled for seven minutes added on as Rangers pushed for the winning goal.

But Livingston held out for a point that moves them to sixth in the league.

STV News is now on WhatsApp

Get all the latest news from around the country

Follow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp

Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country

WhatsApp channel QR Code