Hibs are strongly considering selling Martin Boyle after receiving an improved bid from Al-Faisaly for the Australia international.
The Easter Road club had previously rejected two offers from Al-Faisaly for the attacker but rejected them for falling short of their valuation of the player.
An improved offer from the Saudi side has now been received and the Hibs board are mulling over the bid as they decide whether to part with their talismanic forward.
Boyle is scheduled to depart for international duty with Australia after Thursday night’s Scottish Cup tie against Cove Rangers and it’s not clear if the player will now feature in that game. The in-form player has scored 14 goals for his side already this season.
A move to the Pro League would mean a life-changing salary hike for the 28-year old, who has two-and-a-half years left on his Hibs contract.
Speaking last week, after Hibs had knocked back a second offer for the player, manager Shaun Maloney said:
“I’m very keen for Martin to stay. At the moment, myself, Martin and the club are very clear on the situation. There’s clarity on that.
“There’s obviously been interest but we have a valuation and until that valuation is met, there is no real decision to make.
“I understand the player’s situation but we’ve spoken a lot over the last few days so we’re really, really clear. I think we’ve both got clarity on it.
“Until there’s a situation where we have to make a decision on it, it’s very much a case of concentrating on training and the next match. If there does need to be a decision, then that will happen.”