Leigh Griffiths will have to wait to learn if he is to face a Scottish FA ban for misconduct after allegedly kicking a smoke bomb into a group of supporters.
The Dundee striker, on loan from Celtic, was called to account by the governing body after he kicked a flare from the pitch into a stand housing St Johnstone fans during a Premier Sports Cup quarter-final clash.
Police Scotland investigated the incident and charged the 31-year-old with ‘culpable and reckless’ behaviour.
A Scottish FA disciplinary hearing had been set for Thursday October 14 at Hampden but that had now been postponed until further notice to allow the criminal case to be concluded.
Dundee published an apology from Griffiths after the match, when the former Scotland striker said that he had meant to just remove the smoke bomb from the pitch.
The 31-year-old said: “It was regrettable that the pyrotechnic ended up back in the stand as my intention was just to remove it from the pitch.
“Having just lost a goal I was eager to get the match restarted as quickly as possible and I would like to apologise for any distress caused by this action.”
The club added: “Following the opening goal a smoke generator, amongst other items, was thrown onto the park by the visiting supporters.
“This pyrotechnic ended up back in the stand as Leigh kicked it to remove it from the field of play.”