Grant Gilchrist will captain Scotland in their Rugby World Cup against Romania.
Gregor Townsend has named his team for their third game in the tournament held in France.
The Scots will have to beat Romania to keep their chances of qualification alive and set up a last game decider against Ireland at the Stade De France in Paris.
This comes after an opening day defeat to South Africa and a victory over Tonga in their second game.
In an entirely fresh pack, Gilchrist will link up in the second row with Sam Skinner, who was a replacement in that Tonga victory.
The back row sees the first appearances of the tournament for openside flanker Hamish Watson, who has been named as vice-captain, and blindside Luke Crosbie, with Matt Fagerson restored to the starting eleven at number 8.
A freshened front row will bring about a Rugby World Cup debut for tighthead prop Javan Sebastian, who is joined by loosehead Jamie Bhatti and Ewan Ashman at hooker.
In the back division, Chris Harris, also a vice-captain, is partnered at centre by Cameron Redpath.
Ben Healy is named at stand-off for a first tournament showing, with the experienced Ali Price selected at scrum-half.
Kyle Steyn retains his place in the back three, switching wings to accommodate the return of Darcy Graham, with Ollie Smith operating at full-back.
Among the replacements, hooker Johnny Matthews is in line to make his Scotland debut having been called into the squad earlier in the week to replace the unfortunate Stuart McInally.
The remaining substitutes were all involved against Tonga, with Matthews’ front row colleagues Rory Sutherland and WP Nel, as well as Scott Cummings and Rory Darge, completing Scotland’s forward options from the bench.
George Horne and Blair Kinghorn, both try scorers last time out, are joined by Huw Jones in rounding off the matchday 23.
Scotland team to play Romania
- Ollie Smith (Glasgow Warriors) 7 caps
- Darcy Graham (Edinburgh Rugby) 37 caps
- Chris Harris (Gloucester Rugby) – Vice-captain – 45 caps
- Cameron Redpath (Bath Rugby) 8 caps
- Kyle Steyn (Glasgow Warriors) 14 caps
- Ben Healy (Edinburgh Rugby) 3 caps
- Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) 64 caps
- Jamie Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors) 33 caps
- Ewan Ashman (Edinburgh Rugby) 10 caps
- Javan Sebastian (Edinburgh Rugby) 6 caps
- Sam Skinner (Edinburgh Rugby) 29 caps
- Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh Rugby) – Captain – 66 caps
- Luke Crosbie (Edinburgh Rugby) 5 caps
- Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby) – Vice-captain – 58 caps
- Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) 38 caps
- Johnny Matthews (Glasgow Warriors) uncapped
- Rory Sutherland (unattached) 27 caps
- WP Nel (Edinburgh Rugby) 59 caps
- Scott Cummings (Glasgow Warriors) 31 caps
- Rory Darge (Glasgow Warriors) 13 caps
- George Horne (Glasgow Warriors) 24 caps
- Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby) 48 caps
- Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) 41 caps
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country