The winners for the newly launched Black Scottish Awards have been revealed.
The awards, founded by Enoch Adeyemi, celebrate the contributions of individuals and organisations to the Black Scottish community across business, the arts, education, sports and community service.
The ceremony took place at Edinburgh’s Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel on Saturday October 28.
Rugby player Panashe Muzambe won Sports Personality of the Year and dancer Chinyanta, who performed at the event, scooped the Creative of the Year Award.
Kenyan Women in Scotland founder Mukami McCrum MBE was presented with the Chair’s Lifetime Recognition Award for “her lifelong dedication to fighting for equity and empowerment for disadvantaged groups in Scotland”.
Meanwhile, engineer Lydia Balogun-Wilson also won the Professional Senior Leader of the Year category, sponsored by STV.
Mr Adeyemi said: “I wanted this awards ceremony to appreciate those who came before us, celebrate with the winners today and inspire those coming after us.”
Black Scottish Awards winners 2023
● Business of Excellence of The Year sponsored by Barclays:
● Professor Sir Geoff Palmer Outstanding Student of the Year sponsored by
● Creative of the Year sponsored by Black Professionals Scotland:
● Professional Senior Leader of the Year sponsored by STV:
● Diversity Champion of the Year sponsored by CIPD:
● Ally of The Year sponsored by Black Professionals Scotland:
Carol Anderson MBE
● Sports Personality of the Year sponsored by sportscotland:
● Outstanding Contribution To The Black Community sponsored by Black
Dr. Adaeze Ifezulike MBE
● Community Organisation of the Year sponsored by TSB:
Jambo! Radio Scotland
● Professional Rising Star of The Year sponsored by Black Professionals Scotland:
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country