Every McDonald’s drive-through restaurant in in Scotland will re-open next week, the fast food company said today.
McDonald’s said in a statement it will release the locations of the reopening restaurants on the morning of each day in a bid to manage the anticipated demand.
All of its restaurants in the UK will have reopened by June 4 – next Thursday – either for drive through or delivery.
McDonald’s announced in March it was closing all of its restaurants in the UK and Ireland as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
It started the process of reopening restaurants for delivery earlier this month.
“This is only possible following the hard work of the teams in our 44 pilot restaurants,” McDonald’s said in a statement.
“With fewer employees working in our kitchens and service areas, our teams will still need your patience and support as they continue to adjust to the new ways of working.
“Face coverings, gloves, perspex screens and new safety and hygiene processes mean it will look different, it will take a little longer and as we have seen in the pilot restaurants, we expect demand will be high.
“Please bear with us, we will continue to put our people first – their safety is our priority,” the statement added.
McDonald’s say the following measures will be in place at all drive-through restaurants across the UK:
- Spending will be capped at drive-through restaurants to £25 per car and customers are encouraged to pay by contactless payment methods.
- Perspex screens at drive-through windows and employees wearing protective equipment, as well as perspex screens and floor markings in specific areas in the restaurant and kitchen.
- All McDonald’s employees will be asked to confirm they are fit and able to work, and the company will use contactless thermometers with temperatures taken on arrival at work for every shift.
- Social distancing has been introduced in the kitchens and service areas to help create a safe working environment for restaurant teams.
- Restaurants will return with smaller teams, offering a limited menu.