Drive-in film screenings and other events should be permitted in areas placed under level three restrictions, operators of the attractions say.
A group of companies who operate drive-in events say 420 jobs could be lost if the Scottish Government does not relax restrictions on them.
The group, which includes Unique Events and itison, say other parts of the UK allow drive-in attractions in areas which have tighter rules than Scotland’s level three.
They are calling for drive-in events to be reclassified at the next review date on Tuesday.
Guidance states that live events are not permitted in level three areas.
The group of companies said: “This Tuesday, 420 creative sector jobs will be lost and 18,000 families will face an even bleaker winter and Christmas period, as the Scottish Government has not followed suit with their counterparts in England, Wales and Northern Ireland in allowing drive-in activities to take place in far harsher equivalent tiers.
“Scotland’s drive-in operators have come together to urge the Scottish Government to reclassify drive-ins as a tier three activity this Tuesday and follow the advice of their own policymakers.
“It has been recognised globally that drive-ins are exceptionally safe activities, and indeed allowed in Scotland until October.
“They are seen as extremely safe by clinicians, with households safely cocooned within their own bubble, in a highly controlled outdoor environment.
“With hundreds of thousands of Scots now allowed inside indoor hospitality and retail, there is no logic to delivering a further hammer blow to Scotland’s creative sector.”
The Scottish Government said it was listening to businesses but it was unlikely every request could be accommodated.
A spokesman said: “We understand this is a deeply difficult time for those in the events industry and that the restrictions necessary to suppress Covid-19 have been particularly damaging.
“We know this is a sector which will face difficulties for some time to come, which is why we announced additional funding of £10m for those in the events industry, on top of £2.3bn of business support.
“As outlined in the Finance Secretary’s statement last week, we are considering what further support we can offer to the events sector. Further details of this will be outlined in due course.”
He continued: “Many businesses will want to argue that different types of premises should be open at different levels.
“While it is unlikely we will be able to accommodate every request while still suppressing the virus, we are listening to and carefully considering the representations made to us on the content of the levels.
“That process is ongoing.”