Health secretary Jeane Freeman has announced the resumption of screening for breast cancer.
Screenings had been curtailed in March due to the outbreak of coronavirus.
Those who were invited for a screening before the sessions were cancelled will receive a letter in the coming weeks with a new appointment date, she told the briefing.
The health secretary said no changes will be made to the test itself, but some measures have been put in place to ensure the environment is safe, including personal protective equipment for staff and a staggering of appointments to ensure waiting rooms do not become too busy.
Freeman also addressed changes to hospital visiting rules which were due to change from Monday, meaning that one named person can visit someone in a non-Covid-19 area of a hospital.
She said: “As a visitor you will need to wear a face covering, practice good hand hygiene and you should not be visiting if you have any Covid symptoms at all.”