Three teenagers charged in connection with fire at old community hall

Emergency services were called after a fire broke out at an abandoned community hall in Aberdeenshire.

Three teenagers have been charged over a fire that tore through an old community hall in Aberdeenshire overnight.

An 18-year-old man and two boys, aged 15 and 13, have been charged in connection with wilful fire-raising after the derelict building went on fire in the village of Kingseat on Tuesday night.

Police Scotland said the 18-year-old will be reported to the Procurator Fiscal and the two boys are being reported to the Youth Justice Management Unit.

Emergency services were alerted to the blaze shortly before 8pm on Tuesday night.

Three appliances were deployed to tackle the fire at the village’s old community hall, which is located on Marshall Mackenzie Road.

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was extinguished in the early hours of Wednesday morning but one appliance remains at the scene.

STV News is now on WhatsApp

Get all the latest news from around the country

Follow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp

Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country

WhatsApp channel QR Code