A man has died in hospital after a fire broke out at a property in Angus.
Fire crews tackled a blaze on Lower Hall Street in Montrose which broke out around 12.30pm on Sunday afternoon.
A man was taken by air ambulance to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
Police said the 49-year-old later died on Monday.
A joint investigation into the fire remains ongoing with the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, Police Scotland said.
A police spokesperson said: “Around 12.35pm on Sunday, we were called to a report of a fire at a property in Lower Hall Street, Montrose.
“The fire was extinguished by Scottish Fire and Rescue Service.
“A 49-year-old man was taken by air ambulance to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary. He died on Monday.
“His next of kin are aware.
“A joint investigation is being carried out with the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service.”
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country