Man accused of killing wife 'woke her mum with news daughter had died'

Lee Milne is accused of Kimberley Milne's culpable homicide after she fell from a bridge in Dundee

Man accused of killing wife ‘woke her mum with news daughter had died’STV News

The mother of a woman allegedly killed by her husband claimed he woke her with the news that her daughter had “gone.”

The woman alleged she was told that Kimberley Milne, 28, crashed Lee Milne’s car before he followed her on foot to a bridge in Dundee.

Kimberley’s mother stated that Milne told her that he had tried to grab Kimberley’s hand when she shook her head and jumped from the bridge.

Milne is on trial at the High Court in Glasgow charged with the culpable homicide of Kimberley on July 27, 2023.

Jurors heard that Milne and Kimberley had spoke to each other online before getting into a relationship.

Kimberley’s mother told jurors in her evidence that her daughter was “starting to bloom” at the time.

She claimed that Kimberley was “infatuated” by Milne who was her “Prince Charming”.

The witness stated that things started to “change” and claimed that Milne started to speak to other women.

Milne and Kimberley married each other in October 2022.

Kimberley’s mother stated that she saw injuries on her daughter’s body, which included a bite mark.

Prosecutor Alex Prentice KC asked the witness if Kimberley said who did it and she replied: “Lee.”

Jurors previously heard that Kimberley was diagnosed with mental health conditions and had spent time at the state hospital.

STV News

She recalled that Kimberley behaved “erratically” on the day of her death and her mum asked Milne for help despite him having bail conditions against her daughter.

The witness stated that she kicked both of them out of the house after an hour.

She claimed she received a phone call from Kimberley before 10pm.

She allegedly said: “Thanks a lot mum you made us crash the car.”

Kimberley’s mother stated that Milne visited her the next morning at 9am.

The witness’s police statement, which she gave two days after Kimberley’s death, was read to jurors by Mr Prentice.

The statement read: “I was woken up by Lee at my door. When I answered he said something along the lines of Kim has gone.

“I didn’t know what he was on about and he came in the house.

“He said something along the lines of Kim had pulled the steering wheel and crashed the car.

“He then said Kim had gone up to the bridge and he had chased her.

“He tried to grab her hands and she looked up at him, shook her head before jumping off.

“He then said he lay beside her.”

STV News

Mr Prentice asked the woman what her reaction was to the news and she replied: “Devastated.”

Jurors heard that she asked Milne to leave her home after she became aware that one of Kimberley’s sisters had heard the news.

Mark Stewart KC, defending, asked the witness why her sisters would think that their sister might have killed herself.

She replied: “They knew the carry on and the two of them were having that day.”

Milne faces a second charge of domestic abuse at properties in Dundee between January 2022 and July 2023.

The trial continues before Judge Lady Drummond.

STV News is now on WhatsApp

Get all the latest news from around the country

Follow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp

Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country

WhatsApp channel QR Code
Posted in
Last updated Feb 19th, 2026 at 15:22

Today's Top Stories

Popular Videos

Latest in North East & Tayside

Trending Now