An Aberdeen family forced to flee their mouldy council flat after its ceiling caved in have been left without bathroom essentials following repair works.
Karolina Osinska and her three children had to leave the property on Brierfield Terrace back in August as the roof plaster tumbled down after a leak in the flat above.
The single mother argued the damp bathroom was “unusable” and unsafe for herself and her youngsters.
But after a long two-month wait, the issue was finally addressed and work got under way to fix the crumbling flat.
The repairs have now finished and the keys to the Cornhill flat were handed back to Karolina, but she was met with an unwanted surprise.
She was astonished to discover that workers had failed to install essential facilities including a toilet, sink and shower.
Instead, the room has exposed pipes and electrical cables.
Replacement flooring also needs to be installed.
The discovery has led Karolina to make a further complaint to Aberdeen City Council as the family cannot use the refurbished bathroom.
She had previously expressed her anger at the local authority after it said the room was still safe to use despite debris falling from the ceiling.
The situation became so bad Karolina moved her family in with her mum, who lives in a two-bed flat in Seaton.
As she wasn’t living in the “safety hazard” home, the angry mum requested a rent refund but that was refused.
She is still being charged the full amount for the flat despite the vital bathroom facilities being missing.
Karolina is still waiting on a nomination that will allow her family to move to a new property in the city.
A council spokeswoman confirmed action will be taken soon to ensure the bathroom can be used once again.
She said: “We will contact the resident and get this issued resolved as a matter of urgency.”
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country