Residents at an Aberdeenshire care home have offered their advice to the younger generation – including never leaving the house without your lipstick.
Staff at Bayview Care Home in Cruden Bay asked residents to reflect on their own life experience and provide their top tips for a happy life.
Eighty-one-year-old Chris advised youngsters to “ never leave the house without your lippy” while 92-year-old Isobel suggested “look after your pennies.”
Gladys, 100, encouraged people to “be happy” and ‘look after old ladies”, while 81-year old Beth warned “Don’t get married!”.
James, 70, said not to “believe the saying ‘women know best” and 82-year-old Sheila encouraged people to “love yourself and those around you”
Bayview’s care home manager, Debbie Simpson said: “By asking residents about their advice for the younger generation we’ve spent time reminiscing and sharing memories with each other.
“At Bayview, our residents are a wise bunch and it’s been a brilliant way to hear some of the many stories they each have to tell from their lifetime of experience.
“Their words of wisdom for the younger generation are very special – and many of them have given us all a good laugh together! We’ve got a few party animals in here.”
Advice from Bayview residents
- Gladys Norcott, 100: “Be happy. Do all the things you want to. Work hard. Respect your body. Look after old ladies.”
- Sheila Low, 82: “Enjoy the party. Love your self and those around you.”
- Beth Summers, 81: “Don’t get married. Always keep a smile. Party hard!”
- Fiona Kelman, 58: “Work hard and don’t spend more than you earn. Stay single!”
- Jane Wallace, 87: “Work hard. Love him the way he loves you. Pray and give thanks.”
- Isobel Mair, 92: “Take care of your bairns and your man. Look after your pennies.”
- Chris Clark, 81: “Love your family. Never leave the house without your lippy!”
- James Stuart, 70: “Don’t believe the saying, ‘women know best’.”
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country