Residents in Aberdeen have been asked not to bring small electrical items, fridges, and freezers to its recycling facilities after a man died in a huge blaze in Perth on Tuesday.
Emergency services were called to Shore Recycling Ltd at Friarton Bridge Park in Perth shortly before 12.39am on Tuesday after a fire broke out following an explosion.
The body of a 46-year-old man was found and another man, aged 41, was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
Aberdeen City Council announced on Wednesday that due to the fire, it urged residents not to bring small electrical items, fridges, and freezers to its recycling centres for the time being.
Residents have also been asked not to request a special uplift for those types of items.
In a statement on Facebook, the council said: “Due to the fire at Shore Recycling in Perth yesterday, recycling of small electrical items and fridges and freezers will be temporarily affected until we better understand the impacts of this situation.
“We are asking residents, where possible, not to bring these items to our household waste recycling centres or request a special uplift for these, for the time being, whilst we manage capacity at our sites. We will provide further updates on the situation as soon as we can.”
All 31 other councils in Scotland have been asked if acceptance of electrical items will be halted following the fire.
STV News is now on WhatsApp
Get all the latest news from around the countryFollow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country