Killer who fired arrow before stabbing man in neck jailed

Charles Little was sentenced to eight-and-a-half years for killing Gordon Diduca in Dundee.

Gordon Diduca: Was stabbed in the neck.
Gordon Diduca: Was stabbed in the neck.

A killer who stabbed a man to death after claiming he was spying on him has been jailed for eight-and-a-half years.

Charles Little, 32, knifed Gordon Diduca in the neck outside a house in Dundee shortly after firing an arrow.

Mr Diduca, 24, had been at a friend’s house in the same block when Little appeared at the door armed with a bow and arrow.

Little insisted the victim was partly responsible for him losing his girlfriend and gardening job.


After firing the arrow, he then stabbed Mr Diduca, who never recovered despite friends rushing to his aid.

On Wednesday, Little was sentenced at the High Court in Glasgow.

He had originally stood trial in January for murder, however prosecutors accepted his guilty plea to the reduced charge of culpable homicide while acting under provocation.

Lord Matthews told him: “At the end of the day, you caused the death of Mr Diduca.


“The loss, in particular to his sister, is incalculable. Nothing that I can do will set that right.”

Little will be supervised for a further two years on his release.

The killer was described by one ex-workmate as a “reserved individual” who enjoyed woodwork and archery. 

But last September 24, he turned up at a neighbour’s door, where he was said to have been “rabbling”.

Witness Jason Sinclair said he had been at that flat with others, including his cousin Mr Diduca.

The 22-year-old recalled: “He was saying that we were spying on him.

“Myself and Gordon said we did not have a clue who he was. He then said it was our fault that he had lost his girlfriend and his job.”


Little went on to fire an arrow, which narrowly missed his target.

The witness added: “Myself and Gordon were hiding. Gordon was telling him to calm down, but he was just going nuts.

“What we were saying to him, he was not taking in.”

Mr Sinclair then said his cousin moved towards Little, but ended up being “stabbed in the neck”.

He said: “Gordon ran to grab the bow. It looked like he was then punching Gordon, but he was not – he stabbed him.”

The court heard there was evidence Little was suffering from a personality disorder at the time.

As well as the killing, Little also pleaded guilty to two assault charges and behaving in a threatening and abusive manner.

You're up to date

You've read today's top stories. Where would you like to go next?