A warning has been issued after high levels of shellfish toxins were identified in the Outer Hebrides.
Western Isles Council issued an alert on Friday following monitoring work on behalf of Food Standards Scotland in Loch Seaforth and East Loch Tarbert in Harris.
A spokesman from Comhairle nan Eilean Siar said eating shellfish such as mussels, cockles or razor fish from those areas “may pose a risk to human health”.
The council added: “Commercial shellfish harvesters in these areas have been contacted by the Comhairle and steps have been taken to postpone harvesting until algae levels subside.
“It is a sensible precaution to avoid eating shellfish from the loch until further notice.”