Rail services in Inverness have been cancelled after signalling equipment was damaged by lightning strikes.
Operator ScotRail has announced the suspension of the line between Inverness and Inverness Airport and between the city and Aviemore due to the issue amid a yellow weather warning for stormy conditions across the country.
Staff are on site along with colleagues from Network Rail to assess the damage, but a number of trains have been prevented from travelling in the meantime or will terminate early.
However, those between Inverness, Thurso and Wick have not been affected.
ScotRail has urged passengers to check the status of their journey before setting off.
- 17.03 Inverness to Aberdeen will now start from Inverness Airport.
- 17.25 arrival to Inverness from Edinburgh terminates at Aviemore.
- 17.49 arrival to Inverness from Aberdeen terminates at Inverness Airport.
- 19.10 arrival at Inverness from Edinburgh terminates at Aviemore.
- 19.42 arrival at Inverness from Glasgow cancelled.
- 20.14 arrival at Inverness from Aberdeen terminates at Inverness Airport.