Marti Pellow has cancelled his Pellow Talk tour after the Scottish singer was given “strict orders” from doctors to rest.
The former Wet Wet Wet frontman was due to take the stage in 33 upcoming shows across the UK over May and June this year.
However, he announced on Wednesday “with a heavy heart” that he has been instructed not to continue.
In an emotional social media post, Pellow, from Clydebank, wrote: “Hi everyone, it is with an incredibly heavy heart that I must announce the cancellation [of] the Pellow Talk tour.
“Acting under strict orders from my doctors, I have been instructed not to continue, but to take a period of immediate rest.”
The 58-year-old previously told STV’s Laura Boyd that he “in no way” wanted to slow down, after releasing 13 albums as a solo artist.
“I am deeply disappointed and truly sorry to have to cancel the tour,” Pellow continued in the statement.
“My crew and I have been working hard to bring you an unforgettable experience, and it breaks my heart that we won’t be able to share it with you.
However, I must prioritise my health and listen to my doctors’ orders. It’s not an easy decision, but it’s the right one.
“Every day I feel a little better and I promise to do everything in my power to get back to full strength as soon as possible.”
He told ticket-holders to contact their local venues for refunds at the point of purchase, and apologised for the disappointing news.
“I understand that this may be disappointing news, and I want you to know that I am just as disappointed as you are. Thank you for your continued support. I hope to see you all soon,” he concluded.