The concluding episode of drama Viewpoint has been pulled from schedules after allegations of misconduct against star Noel Clarke.
The actor is currently starring in the thriller as DC Martin Young, a surveillance detective who sets up his observation post in the home of a single mother.
The five-part drama was broadcast throughout this week and was due to conclude on Friday night.
Twenty women who knew Clarke in a professional capacity have come forward with allegations in The Guardian, prompting both STV and ITV to announce they will not be broadcasting the final episode but will make it available on the ITV Hub and STV Player.
Clarke has “vehemently” denied claims of sexual misconduct.
An ITV statement said: “ITV has a zero tolerance policy to bullying, harassment and victimisation and robust procedures in place to investigate and deal with any complaints.
“We strongly believe that everyone deserves to work in a supportive and safe environment.
“In light of the very serious nature of the allegations against Noel Clarke raised by 20 women in the Guardian’s report, ITV has decided it is no longer appropriate to broadcast the final episode of the drama Viewpoint on ITV main channel this evening.
“We are mindful that some of our viewers have already invested four hours of their time over the past four nights in following this thriller which was due to conclude this evening, and they have yet to see the final episode.
“As such we plan to make it available on ITV Hub tonight for a limited time for any viewers who wish to seek it out, and watch its conclusion.”
A spokesperson for STV said: “In light of the serious allegations against Noel Clarke raised by 20 women as reported in the Guardian, STV, as part of the Channel 3 network, is in agreement with ITV that it would be inappropriate to air the final episode of drama Viewpoint this evening.
“The episode will therefore not be broadcast on the main STV channel but will be available on STV Player until Sunday night for those viewers who have been following the series this week.
“STV is committed to building an inclusive culture and has a zero tolerance policy towards workplace bullying and harassment of any form.”
Broadcaster Sky, which has aired three series of Clarke’s series Bulletproof, has said it is halting work with Clarke following the accusations.
Meanwhile Bafta has sought to explain why it honoured Clarke with the outstanding British contribution to cinema award earlier this month – after it had been informed of accusations of misconduct.
The Academy has suspended his award and membership, and sought to clarify to members why it proceeded with plans to celebrate the actor at the recent film awards.
Clarke said in a statement: “In a 20-year career, I have put inclusivity and diversity at the forefront of my work and never had a complaint made against me.
“If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologise.
“I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing and intend to defend myself against these false allegations.”
Clarke made his first TV appearance more than 20 years ago in the Channel 4 series Metrosexuality, and gained fame for his roles as Mickey Smith in Doctor Who and Wyman Norris in Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.
He later wrote and starred in the acclaimed film trilogy Kidulthood, Adulthood and Brotherhood, and directed two of them.